The pillowtop pads provide extra cushioning, luxurious comfort, and additional pressure point relief to hips and shoulders for the ultimate in rest and relaxation. The pillowtop pad lays right on top of the mattress. Then the mattress pad and fitted sheet go over both the pillowtop pad and the mattress itself holding the pad in place. In addition, the pillowtop pads are quite substantial in weight, and the mattress and pillowtop pad coverings are cotton on cotton, rather than a slippery polyester fabric. The pillowtop pad will not slip around.
Royal-Pedic Pillowtop Pad - 3" Thick
Add a soft plush feeling while maintaining mattress firmness. A great choice for those who want maximum support combined with luxurious comfort.
Royal-Cloud Pillowtop Pad - 4" & 5" Thick
Contains nearly three-times the natural latex of our standard Pillowtop Pad, providing extra cushioning and pressure point relief - you deserve to be this pampered.
Advantages of the Separate Pillowtop Pad Over Pad Sewn on Both Sides of the Mattress:
- Both the 3", 4", & 5" thick Pillowtop Pads are crafted with untreated French wool, hypoallergenic Comfort Fil 7, and a layer of natural latex encased in our 100% Belgian cotton fabric covering. The Royal Cloud Pillowtop Pads contains two to nearly three times the amount of latex cushioning for added comfort.
- We recommend either the 3" thick Royal-Pedic Pillowtop Pad, or either the 4" or 5" thick Royal Cloud Pillowtop Pads on the Royal-Pedic All Cotton Mattress. The 3" pad has less latex cushioning, and you are closer to the firmness of the mattress. Therefore, it will feel plush and comfortable, but firmer in comparison to the 4" or 5" thick pads.
- Since our 7-Zone latex mattresses are softer feeling than the orthopedic feel of the Royal-Pedic All Cotton Mattress, we recommend the 3" thick Royal-Pedic Pillowtop Pad if you want to increase the luxurious feel of the mattress. The 3" thickness of the pad is still thin enough to benefit from the ergonomic zoning support of the latex mattresses.
- Fitted sheets pull on easier.
- Removing the pad when rotating the mattress means less weight to handle.
- Closer to normal bed height.
- Enhances life span of underlying mattress.